Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Radio Silence

Ok, so we have been on the road for a week, you would think there might be a blog post.  Well there might be, except that I don't type (willingly).  The way this blog comes into being is in several steps.  Step one, I write it out long hand.  Step two, I read what I have written to my Ipod and it transcribes the text, using Dragon Dictation.  Step three, I edit and post.  All very quick and easy.  Only one problem.  Dragon Dictation requires a good, stable wireless internet connection and I need to have that in a quiet place where I can dictate.  I have not had those conditions since I left London three days ago.  Here in St. Petersburg we have an ethernet connection, but that does me no good for the posts.  I have quite a back log stacking up.  I keep writing them long hand everyday and I keep hoping somehow I will get a chance to dictate.  Today I thought I found a spot.  The program seemed to be working.  I got 2/3 of the way through the post when it crashed and I lost the whole thing.  I will keep at it, though, post some short ‘wazzup’ posts and save the more boring academic stuff for later.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Lame excuses. Why didn't you bring a telegraph key and tap it out in morse code Mr Old-Timey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree no-one wants to read the academic stuff anyway- just give us the dishey news and MC where is her blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second the motion on what wcwalker said -- particularly regarding MC's blog. She types, right??

    ReplyDelete