Sunday, September 19, 2010

I think I am going to like it here

Ok, I know it has been a while without a real post.  Things should improve now.  We are now in Belgium, with a stable internet connection and a lot of catching up to do.  Our first afternoon in Brussels has, I'm sure, given us a completely false impression.  Beautiful city, beautiful weather.  But today is a very special day here.  They closed the downtown to cars and the city is full of bikes, skaters, & pedestrians having a great time.  It created a wonderful ambience, but tomorrow is Monday and I expect the workday reality may be a bit less magical.  We'll find out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott and Marie-Claire
    Alamo, Sunday - 19 Sept: This is Anne-Jette, using Bob's laptop, whilst watching The New York Giants vs. Indiana Colts, you know brother Eli and Peyton Manning QBs - just shows my attention span is lacking....ha, well Bob just lost his too and flicked over to Premier League highlights to show Man U's Berbatov score a hat trick, that's more like it.

    We are happy to follow your blog. Marie-Claire, we need to hear from you too, how are you liking the trip so far?? My vote for picture #1 is Stalin, not sure about #2. Bob will know I think.

    Falls colors along Diablo Road are just starting and a hint of Fall is in the air; beautiful light above Mt. Diablo at sunset.

    Think of me when you eat Moules et Frites :-)

    Take care,
    Best wishes, Anne-Jette

    ReplyDelete